Website Al SIgl Community of Agencies
ORGANIZATION: Al Sigl Foundation (“Al Sigl”)
TITLE: Event Director
FUNCTION: To initiate, plan, manage, and implement fundraising and donor events for Al Sigl Foundation; to solicit, secure, and manage sponsorship and in-kind support for fundraising events and projects; and to recruit volunteers for engagement with fundraising events and projects.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Al Sigl Foundation
WORKS WITH: Foundation staff, volunteers, sponsors, donors
HOURS: Full Time: 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours as necessitated by the responsibilities of the position
- Plan and implement four major fundraising events annually with base net revenue of $300,000.
- Recruit, motivate, and steward volunteers.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 sponsors/donors.
- Participate in securing in-kind donations for fundraising events and projects.
- Plan and implement cultivation, stewardship, and recognition events/activities for donors.
- Supervise and motivate staff and volunteers to achieve established goals—financial and otherwise—for fundraising events and other projects.
- Serve as liaison between Al Sigl Foundation and representatives of Al Sigl Member Agencies on fundraising events and securing sponsorships.
- Prepare and monitor fundraising event budgets, including projecting annual revenues and expenses.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Al Sigl Council of young professionals.
- Oversee third-party fundraising events.
- Work with Foundation staff to maintain ongoing records for corporate sponsors, acknowledge gifts in a timely manner, and maintain records on gifts for special events.
- Work in cooperation with Marketing Communications staff to plan and implement the public relations plan for special events, including print materials, media releases, and other written materials, and develop event-related stories for Al Sigl publications.
- Develop and update annual master calendar of deadlines for all events including submission of sponsorship requests, follow-ups, etc.
- Ensure that logistics for all committee meetings, including meeting notices, agendas, minutes, and follow-up correspondence and status reports are managed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or comparable experience.
- Database management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, various social media and crowdfunding platforms.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-oriented focus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to self-prioritize daily and weekly workloads.
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines.
To apply for this job email your details to DSalmon@alsigl.org