Action For A Better Community
Summary of Responsibilities:
Through the effective implementation of the Head Start and Early Head Start
Relationship-Based Competencies for Staff and Supervisors who Work with Families, the Family Navigator engages in mutually respectful goal-oriented partnerships with families, as prepared by the National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement for HHS, ACFS, and OHS.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree required (60 Credit Hours of college courses) in Human Services, Family Development, Family Counseling or equivalent field; OR the equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered. Family Development Credential is strongly preferred.
• Requires a minimum 1-3 yrs. of direct experience working with children/families in human service, family development, counseling, social work, case management, or related capacity, preferably in a not-for profit setting.
• Must be able to complete the Family Development Credential program within 18 months of employment with Action for a Better Community, Inc. – Head Start.
• Requires basic knowledge of relationship building and self-awareness to work effective with different groups of people
• Requires the ability to work with families to ensure child and family safety and be able to facilitate each families understanding of child development
• Requires the ability to recognize support networks and understand facilitation skills
• Demonstrates knowledge of the community and how to match resources with family interest and needs and the ability to promote service coordination
• Requires the ability to analyze and interpret data to inform work and embrace personal growth
• Requires proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office products data management systems with a strong emphasis on record keeping and tracking
• Must have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at various levels within the organization and the community;
• Must be attentive to details; have strong administrative, analytical, negotiations and problem solving skills; must have good organizational & planning skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and meet fixed dead-lines; requires flexibility and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
• Requires the health and physical capability to work in an office, classroom, residential and/or community settings.
• Must be able to lift children weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Obtain clearance to be left unsupervised with children by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), Must be able to pass the biannual physical exam.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
• Assist in the eligibility, recruitment, enrollment, and attendance procedures for applicant eligibility into program
• Assist families in connecting with community resources and implement action plans to comply with the program
• Conduct home visits of participating families and encourages family to volunteer a minimum of 25 hours a year
• Support comprehensive services team to ensure family activities are organized
• Coordinate transitions from Early Head Start to Head Start to Kindergarten Programs
• Collect and analyze information to find solutions to challenges
• Track and ensure compliance related to ERSEA activities and OCFS regulations
• Promote developmentally appropriate and researched-based parenting practices
• Data entry
• Assist with other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to HRDept@ABCinfo.org