Title: Fleet Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Salary, Exempt, Full time
Manages: All Foodlink Kitchen and Distribution Center Drivers
The Fleet Manager is responsible for the management of Foodlink kitchen and distribution center drivers and the operations management of all Foodlink trucks and vehicles. The Fleet Manager is responsible for all day-to-day driving operations, including accurate shipping/delivery of all orders, routing of all drivers, vehicle maintenance, and driver safety procedures. The Fleet Manager works closely with the Chief Operating Officer, Director of Distribution Center Operations and the Executive Chef regarding distribution and delivery needs. The Fleet Manger must be committed to safety and ensure that all DOT regulations and Foodlink policies/procedures are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees all day-to-day logistics and deliveries for the Distribution Center and Kitchen fleet
- Manages fleet coordination and routing of all Foodlink trucks
- Ensures all outbound orders are staged, paperwork is generated and ready for delivery
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory agencies including Feeding America, AIB, USDA, AGIN Markets, OSHA, HPNAP, and the Department of Health. Pass all inspections.
- Ensures all daily driver logs are completed by all drivers
- In conjunction with the Facility and Safety Manager. Attends to all accidents/incidents. Report to the scene, follows accident-reporting procedures, and conducts on-site drug screens as needed.
- Implements safety protocols for drivers in collaboration with Safety & Facilities Manager
- Assists with the transportation coordination of incoming food and non-food donations for the Distribution Center
- Maintains a clean, safe, sanitary warehouse area and fleet of trucks
- Works with the Development Department to provide support for events as needed.
- Acts as a backup driver on an as needed basis
- Develop master site lists and route lists for drivers to use as a resource.
- Checks and maintains all trucks and ensures that DVR’s are completed daily
- Coordinates service and repairs for Foodlink’s entire fleet of vehicles. This includes all distribution trucks, program vehicles, and company cars.
- Strategically schedules preventative maintenance services for all vehicles
- Ensures that all fleet related accounts payable vouchers are completed in a timely fashion.
- Maintains DOT Files and manages LENS data base
- Maintains the vehicle registry
- HUT – only responsibility is to ensure the stickers are applied to the vehicles
- Lease terms
- Works with vendor account managers:
- To resolve service related issues and also work through enhancements/improvements to the fleet
- Oversee the procurement of new vehicles and coordination of the execution of Schedule A truck lease agreements with Director of Finance and Executive Director.
- Schedule vendor performance annual reviews & assessments
- Resolves errors with orders discovered by staff and/or clients
- Ensures internal and external customers are provided excellent customer service
- Leads by example. Actively works to engage all Foodlink Drivers.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and on boarding all drivers.
- Develop training materials for drivers as needed.
- Crosstrain drivers to assure flexibility able to fill any/all driving positions as needed.
- Ensures that necessary organization wide communications are disseminated to all Foodlink drivers in a timely fashion.
- Holds regular meetings with all drivers
- Reviews and approves timecards and payroll for all Drivers on a bi-weekly basis. Manages PTO requests and schedules. Tracks tardiness and absenteeism as necessary.
- Conducts annual performance reviews/evaluations. Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely personnel reports and works in collaboration with HR to ensure effective personnel management.
- Four-year college graduate and a minimum 2 years of progressive responsibilities in fleet administration, or combination of relevant education and work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience with a significant amount of time spent in food distribution.
- Must have significant experience with routing, scheduling, fleet supervision, and warehousing including shipping and receiving.
- Must possess a valid CDL A Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Food service experience and/or knowledge of food safety regulations a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Ability to produce written reports and business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from Foodlink leadership and staff members as well as clients and vendors.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Friendly, customer-oriented personality
- Professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Spanish helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel items such as documents. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Able to lift bulk objects or objects weighing up to 60 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all- inclusive. Employees will follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required.
Everyone is welcome here! Foodlink is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, veteran or disability status
To apply for this job email your details to HR@Foodlinkny.org