Action for A Better Community
Summary of Responsibilities:
Prepare breakfast, snack and cold food items for lunch services. Maintain equipment and storage areas. Follow sanitation and safety requirements as outlined by the N.Y.S. Department of Health. Report to additional centers to assist with snacks, clean-up and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year experience working in pre-school or institutional kitchen, cooking experience preferred
- Requires a working level knowledge in food service and preparations, including storage of food and related, supplies, and food sanitation and safety
- Requires organizational, planning, oral and written communication skills
- Requires the health and physical capability to work in kitchen, bend, lift and/or move up to 40lbs., and ability to be on feet for upwards of three hours at a time
- Ability to receive clearance from NYS Central Registry
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
****This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement****
To apply for this job email your details to HRDept@ABCinfo.org