Arconic Engines has an opening for a General Forge Helper to assist press operators, utilize power tools, air arching equipment and billet grinders. This position is based in our Rochester, NY facility. Candidates should be shift flexible and able to work up to 12 hour shifts on days or nights.
Arconic Engines is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks, and forgings. We excel in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. Arconic Engines is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
- Remove hot metal parts from a furnace and feed them to the press or ring mill operator on a manufacturing large press or ring mill
- Become Arconic EHS and OSHA certified to operate a forklift, with basic forklift operation experience
- Work as a grinder in the grinding area, using a hand grinder or swing grinder to grind the edges or surfaces of either billets of cut metal or blank rings to specifications outlined by Management
- Act as a replacement for key personnel that are absent for the day on the shift (specific use to be determined by the supervisor/manager
- Assist on setups where additional departmental manpower will aid production
- Move parts within WIP to their next scheduled department
- Assist with the management of scrap throughout the facility
- Will be required to wear a respirator
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.Gould@arconic.com