MediSked, LLC – Lead Software Development Engineer
MediSked, LLC is a growing software firm, headquartered in Rochester, NY. MediSked is the leading brand in holistic solutions that improve lives, drive efficiencies and generate innovations for human service organizations that support our community. Because our customers are in the selfless business of making the lives of those they serve as fulfilling as possible, our company is comprised of passionate and proactive people looking to make a difference. We are searching for smart, motivated individuals to join our team that can thrive in a tech business setting but also have a compassionate side that connects to our customers and culture.
The Lead Software Development Engineer is a technical and passionate individual who enjoys employing hands-on leadership to work across teams to design and implement solutions to help further build the software platforms offered by MediSked, LLC. This individual-contributor role is the senior technical resource on the Engineering team for a single MediSked platform. The Lead Software Development Engineer provides technical guidance to the other engineers on the team, helps to make sure that team members are unblocked, assigns and prioritizes their day-to-day work and tracks progress against the team’s deliverables. Lead Software Development Engineers are also working developers, responsible for producing their own features and bug fixes.
- Leadership: Individual contributors, supervisors and managers at MediSked in leadership roles enable other team members to be successful in achieving their goals and MediSked’s corporate goals by coaching and mentoring more junior team members and by exemplifying the skills and competencies they are working to instill in the junior members of the team.
- Technical Proficiency: Members of the MediSked Technology Operations organization possess and maintain deep technology expertise and demonstrate the technical acumen required to deliver world-class products and solutions for the human services space.
- Customer Focus: MediSked employees put themselves in the shoes of the customer and the client when evaluating customer requests, demonstrating daily that we are dedicated experts (both in technology and the human services space) committed to the same goals as our clients.
- Ownership: Regardless of their level in the org chart, MediSked employees take ownership of items that come across their desk, seeing that they are brought to fruitful and effective completion, including working across teams and orgs to ensure that all steps required to bring items to closure are completed. Responsibility doesn’t end with a handoff to another person, team or organization.
- Industry Knowledge: We build and maintain a level of expertise in human services as required to speak credibly to clients and to design and deliver software that meets and exceeds the unique needs of this industry.
- Teamwork: Even though we have distinct, specialized teams, we work at all levels of the org chart as a one MediSked to complete deliverables and meet client commitments. We strive for win-win-win resolutions to all difference of opinion between teams.
- Efficiency: Work across teams – especially when handoffs are required between teams – is done expeditiously and effectively, without dropping the baton. Controls and metrics are in place to catch missed handoffs and measure the efficiency of cross-team collaboration
- Effectively lead the development of multiple features and bug fixes across the whole development cycle from envisioning features all the way to stabilizing and releasing them.
- Be the go-to Engineering resource for a given platform for other internal organizations such as test, implementation, product/project management and support.
- Work closely with appropriate stakeholders to produce accurate and timely delivery estimates
- Provide technical direction for a team of technical staff
- Act as team lead to help with assignments, blocking issues to ensure the on-time delivery of projects.
- Use agile methodologies to define weekly sprints and run daily standups
- Lead by example in development efforts, going above and beyond including handling/prioritizing high priority issues
- Be a key driver of features, modules, and platforms and have ownership of several MediSked components.
- Work with clients, partners, and internal resources to deliver functionality and appropriate documentation and specification materials.
- Drive forward the platforms and ease-of-use for end users, internal teams, and other developers.
- Participate in technical design, managing and building new relationships with internal and external customers and great team spirit.
- Make use of exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and operate as a leader within the engineering team.
- Solid full stack developer skills in the following areas are needed to work effectively in cross-group situations and to drive towards client-focused solutions:
- ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC o Web Services (REST and/or Web API)
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Familiar with .NET framework 4.x
- Classic ASP/VBScript is a plus
- IIS 8.0/8.5
- SQL Server 2012-2014 development and related data access technologies
Perform other functions as required.
- 6 + years software engineering-level experience designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise level software
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, Web API and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience consuming web services (REST/RESTful/JSON)
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Great teamwork and communication skills
- Good cross-team and collaboration skills
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge
- Ability to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with SQL database structures and queries using Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.