Slitter Machinist Operator Apprentice needed for established company in Rochester NY!
Get in at this entry level role and build your career with a Fortune 500 Company!
What’s in it for you?
- Full Time Hours
- Competitive wages starting at $14.00 hour
- Rotating two week shifts C, B, A
- Temporary to hire based on performance
- Room for advancement in a growing company
- Paid training
What is the job?
Assists Slitting Machine Operator by performing the following duties. May also assist in other areas of the slitting department.
- Assists with positioning a roll of material at rear (unwind) of machine.
- Reads and understands customer specifications of jobs being run.
- Cuts cores for finished rolls using automatic core cutter.
- Prepares palletizing materials by making patterns, cutting inserts, cutting v-boards, etc. These duties may require the use of hand tools.
- Stacks slit rolls onto pallets, either manually or by use of roll handling equipment.
- Prepares finished material per customer specification and stretch wraps.
- Cleans work area, machine, tools, and equipment. This includes AIB cleaning.
- Actively participates in safety programs and makes safety observations. Follows plant safety rules.
- Trains under operator to understand all phases of machine operator to gain ability to run machine in operator absence.
- Other duties assigned.
What you bring to the table?
- Great attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- High School diploma or equivalent (such as GED)
- Solid work history
- Ability to pass Background Check
- Ability to pass a Drug Screen
Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Contact our recruiters at 585-227-6008. We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family.
To apply for this job email your details to Kristin.Smith@manpower.com