UR Medicine Home Care
In keeping with Agency, State, and Federal compliance and billing guidelines, this position is responsible for insuring the timely processing and completion of physician medical orders for UR Medicine Home Care (Agency)
Referring physicians and their office staff and all of UR Medicine Home Care Clinical and Support Departments
- Process all Certifications and Interim Verbal Medical Orders using the computer tracking system for outgoing and incoming orders in McKesson.
- Review physician orders for accuracy and compliance components. Fix and update medical orders for those errors within scope of practice. Any additional errors found are returned to Clinical staff with recommendations for correction.
- Provide technical guidance to visiting staff and clinical management in creating medical orders and maneuvering through McKesson electronic records system. Control clinical access to orders in McKesson (unlock rights).
- Responsible to meet Agency, State and Federal deadlines for obtaining physician signature o medical orders and will follow up with providers to insure the return of delinquent medical orders.
- Triage Medical Order Help Desk phone calls and email requests. Perform HIM/Medical Order functions including: filing, computer input, printing, and mail processing.
- Cross-train with HIM specialist; cover defined tasks within each function as needed.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED diploma required, Associated Degree preferred, and/or
- Two years medical record or medical office experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
- Proficient word processing, keyboarding, and data entry computer skills required.
- Experience navigating clinical information system networks required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and customer relation’s skills.
- Ability to work independently in a high volume environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple duties.
- Ability to work with deadlines and specific time frames in high volume environment.
- Ability to left 25 pounds.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Stooping, bending body downward and forward.
- Handling, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand(s).
- Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Fingering, picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com