Catholic Family Center
Catholic Family Center is seeking a full time MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN in our Mental Health Clinic. Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHCP) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) preferred. Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling required.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. (37.5 hrs/wk)
Pay Rate: $20.38 – $26.74/hr, DOE
Under general supervision, provides initial assessment and ongoing counseling or treatment to clients. Maintains confidentiality and ethical standards as identified by the NYS Education Department, NASW or other relevant governing bodies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts diagnostic assessments and counseling, or treatment for clients referred by various sources.
- Uses the current edition of criteria from the DSM-IV-TR to assess mental disorders.
- Provides treatment in individual, couple, family or group therapy sessions depending on client need.
- Has adequate awareness and knowledge of medications used to treat mental health conditions.
- Completes necessary case record paperwork according to department, State, Federal and carrier procedures.
- Performs regular contact with PCP’s, referral sources, and HMO personnel as needed.
- Corresponds with PCP within first three appointments, provides periodic updates and a closing letter.
- Provides information for HMO and payer utilization review as required.
- Participates in relevant Agency meetings and ongoing development of professional knowledge and skills.
- Informs supervisor of significant events/issues related to clients as appropriate, and follows program’s defined incident reporting process as required.
- Maintains and develops clinical and professional knowledge by completing recommended education and training, workshops, conference attendance, and readings.
- Supports quality improvement efforts, including but not limited to satisfaction surveys, accurate reporting of and use of outcome data, and use of selected quality monitoring instruments.
- Carries a caseload according to department standards
- Completes all statistics, written reports and billing forms to include Medicare paperwork in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Delivers training sessions, as qualified and requested by supervisor.
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling. Equivalent Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Credentials: Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHCP) or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required. Must be obtained within 6 months of hire if not currently held. Credentialed in Medicare preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years of supervised clinical experience. Member of insurance panels including but not limited to Blue Choice and MVP, is preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Compliance: Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CFC’s corporate compliance program. Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees will follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required.
***Catholic Family Center is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our agency and our people. EOE/AA Disability/Vet
To apply for this job email your details to HASpencer@cfcrochester.org