FUNCTION: Bills multiple payors for services. Calculates, balances, posts, and codes various billing data. Maintains account from admission through satisfaction of balance due.
REPORTS TO: Patient Accounting Manager
RELATIONSHIPS: All VNS departments, multiple payor representatives, collection agency and attorneys.
HOURS: Full time
- Resolves all customer requests, inquiries, and concerns in an expedient and respectful manner. Displays empathy, courtesy, and tact. In matters requiring supervisory judgment, refers to the Patient Accounting Manager for resolution.
- Processes accounts receivable statements for third party and private payors, including reviewing, coding, and maintaining supporting documentation, verifying data by conferring with appropriate agency & external sources.
- Bills multiple third party and private payors for services and equipment. Calculates, balances, posts, and codes various billing data, utilizing a variety of billing procedures as well as following department policy.
- Reviews reports of accounts receivable activity, investigating and resolving any discrepancies or problems, according to established policies and procedures. Recommends departmental/agency corrective action as required.
- Receives, investigates, and responds to inquiries from payors and agency departments concerning accounts receivable activity, according to established policies and procedures.
- Gathers, compiles, summarize, and records information for reports and files. Researches and prepares for reviews of outstanding receivable balances with supervisor on a regular basis.
- Performs such similar, comparable, or related duties as may be required or assigned; including cross training with other PFS staff for departmental coverage.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- High school or GED diploma, AS in business related curriculum helpful.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic PC skills. PC based applications (dBASE, WP, Excel) experience preferred.
- Positive customer relations skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of an interactive team.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and exercise a moderate degree of independent judgment.
To apply for this job please visit urmhomecare.org.