Website Aurora Machine
Aurora Machine is a growing manufacturing company, offering precision machining, sheet metal fabrication, powder coating, assembly and welding.
General Job Description:
Under the direction of the Welding Group Leader or Supervisor, the Welder works from customer drawings and a traveler to fabricate and weld components to produce the highest quality products at the lowest cost, while meeting departmental performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Can weld any type of project while consistently meeting or exceeding cycle times. Have the ability to fabricate from prints without the aide of fixtures. Able to do prototypes while also working with engineering to develop fixtures. Capable of being certified. Requires little to no supervisor and has the ability to interpret blueprints and understands weld symbols at an advanced level.
- Job knowledge through suitable education or prior work experience
- Have the ability to regularly lift and/or move 25-50 pounds
- Meet minimum 20/20 vision standards (with corrective lenses if needed)
- Knowledge on how to set-up weld machine and lay a quality bead for both Mig and Tig
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and weld symbols at an advanced level
- Knowledge of the metric system preferred
- Accurately measure and lay out locations for welded components
- Adjust weld as needed to accommodate varying thicknesses of steel
- Operate grinder, drill, band saw, torch
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documentation, etc.Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Using MIG and/or TIG, weld components together according to blueprints and Traveler
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must work at a reasonable pace (measured by production efficiency) and within our quality standards to insure timely completion
- Check and verify part numbers prior to assembly of product to customer specifications
- Notify supervisor of part shortages before the part runs out
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Welding: 3 years
To apply for this job email your details to Khewitt@auroramachine.com