MVP Health Care
MVP Health Care is a nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health plan. We are committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone and every community we serve. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont, and we are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,600 employees – providing a wide range of health benefit plan options with attentive service and flexibility normally associated with a smaller company. Stop settling for “just a job,” and join a company where you can reach your full potential…and make a positive difference!
JOB TITLE: PROFESSIONAL, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM MANAGER (JOB ID: 1592)
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Schenectady, Rochester, or Tarrytown
Summary: MVP Health Care is seeking a Program Manager to oversee various New York State (NYS)-related behavioral health initiatives. This individual is responsible for serving as a liaison with NYS and internal stakeholders to identify behavioral health initiatives/opportunities participate in decision-making efforts and to manage related project plans. The individual should be aware of the NYS behavioral health landscape and the priorities for the Medicaid population.
Specific duties include: meeting scheduling, preparation and follow up; ensuring appropriate communications and interface between the state, programs and stakeholders within MVP (primarily the Medicaid Strategic Business Unit); management of workgroups; assuring compliance with regulatory requirements associated with NYS behavioral health initiatives; coordinating with vendors as needed; development and management of related project plans. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree strongly preferred with a healthcare major (i.e. health administration, social work, public health, etc.).
- 2 to 5 years of experience working within healthcare (preferably with a health plan, hospital, physician organization or benefit manager).
- Preferred minimum 2 years of experience in program or project management.
- Preferred experience working with NYS and Medicaid and/or behavioral health programs.
- Professionally skilled in personal presentation, verbal, and written communication.
- Team player with demonstrated experience implementing interdisciplinary programs within an organization
- Excellent leadership and training skills.
- Detail-oriented worker with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with attention to details and deadlines in a high volume environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work effectively as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to build relationships with business and technical partners to improve customer service and continuously improve project delivery
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to travel as needed required.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Word and proficient in other MS Office tools such as PowerPoint.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency, protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mvphealthcare.com.