MVP Health Care
MVP Health Care is a nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health plan. We are committed to having a positive impact on the health and wellness of everyone and every community we serve. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont, and we are powered by the ideas and energy of more than 1,600 employees – providing a wide range of health benefit plan options with attentive service and flexibility normally associated with a smaller company. Stop settling for “just a job,” and join a company where you can reach your full potential…and make a positive difference!
JOB TITLE: PROFESSIONAL, INFORMATICS ANALYST (JOB ID: 1598)
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Schenectady, Rochester, or Tarrytown
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities include preparation of standard and adhoc analysis in support of key corporate initiatives for MVP’s business departments. Analyses involve independent structuring of a study including initial evaluation of the request, extraction of data from a warehouse using identified standard set of tools to manage large sets of data and production of high quality, professional reports for distribution. Ability to produce and review trend reports, perform budget-to-variance analysis, and prepare supplemental drill down reports. Must be able to prepare visual aids (charts, graphs) or summaries to assist with explanation of the findings. Must also provide adequate documentation of how analysis was performed and be responsible for applying necessary checks and balances to ensure quality and accuracy or report. Candidates must possess good analytical skills with a focus on meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers. Must be a self-motivated individual who needs little supervision and has ability to perform under pressure. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math or related field. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Math, or Health Services Research preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify necessary data, extract it, and analyze it to provide solutions.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work effectively as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-focused communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments with attention to details and deadlines in a high volume environment.
- SQL, R, Microsoft Excel/Access (advanced) or other programming language required
- Intermediate Excel skills including entering and editing complex formulas, filtering lists, sorting ranges, creating and running macros, and using data analysis tools (pivot tables, scenarios, etc.)
- Experience with the FACETS operating system,
- Excellent working knowledge of data warehousing, data extraction, and standard query language for relational databases.
- Health insurance or industry related experience
- Medical Terminology knowledge
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency, protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mvphealthcare.com.