Website UR Medicine Home Care
FUNCTION: Provides direct patient care and/or case management within a patient and family centered care environment. The registered nurse makes the initial evaluation visit, regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, participates in in-service programs, and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Team Manager
RELATIONSHIPS: Patient, Family, Hospital Staff, Physicians, Vendors, Contract and Regulatory Community Agencies, Third Party Payors, Care Delivery Team and numerous other VNS departments.
Promotes the VNS mission, vision and administrative policies to ensure the delivery of quality care.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively as part of the team to meet the goals of the patients and objectives of VNS.
- Promotes the VNS image by adhering to the dress code policy.
- Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to all external sources, patients, families and staff.
- Consistently displays ICARE behaviors and values in every interaction with external and internal customers.
- Strives for continuous improvement in all aspects of the RN function and Care Delivery by adhering to established policies, processes, and standards regarding patient care, quality, and documentation.
Direct Patient Care Duties:
- Develops and revises plan of treatments and discharge plan in conjunction with patient, family, physician, care delivery team and third party payors including obtaining medical orders and approval of medical services.
- Provides an environment, which promotes respect for the patients, their privacy, confidentiality and property.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative strategies.
- Consults with and educates the patient, family and other team members regarding disease process, self care techniques and preventive strategies.
- Provides supervision of LPN to ensure patient health, safety, and compliance with plan of care.
- Directs, coordinates, evaluates and supervises the quality of patient care services provided by the Home Health Agency
- Interacts with patients, physicians, referral sources, and others in a manner conducive to continued positive relationships.
- Supports Care Management philosophy. This includes collaborative customer focused planning, and case management designed to meet individual health and service needs and promote quality and cost-effective outcomes.
- Assures the completion of all appropriate clinical records needed for compliance with state and federal legislation and the delivery of seamless service within established timeframes.
- Maintains current knowledge of all available VNS and community based services.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to visit patients based on need and not geography.
- Ensures problem resolution at the point of contact.
- Ensures authorization and release of information form has been signed by patient or responsible party.
Participates in the attainment of the Agency operational and financial objectives.
- Monitors results, progress and takes corrective action on quality indicators, including the level of customer satisfaction with the RN function.
- Understands the importance of the RN function and its impact on patients, other care providers, readmission, productivity, utilization, revenue and expense.
- Pursues efforts to reduce or eliminate avoidable costs and errors.
- Responds to findings of various Quality Management reviews/audits and ensures resolution of potential problem areas.
- Maintains productivity requirements.
- Ensures that appropriate visit authorizations are in place and that visit documentation reflects the medical necessity for.
Contributes to an environment of professional growth, learning, trust and mutual respect for all employees.
- Promotes the recognition, respect and celebration of the diversity of our workforce.
- Participates in education including orientation, in-service training programs and self-development, as needed.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- New York State Licensed RN.
- One year of experience as a clinical nurse in a hospital or home care agency preferred.
- Strong interviewing, assessment and communication skills.
- Current NYS driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit urmhomecare.org.