PathStone is seeking a Resident Aide to monitor safety of residents for Sojourner Homes and Wilson Commencement Park in Rochester, NY.
PathStone is a nonprofit organization based in Rochester, NY with a mission of building family and individual self-sufficiency by strengthening urban and rural communities. PathStone operates 12 lines of business in the areas of training and employment, health and safety, housing services and community development.
Sojourner Home at PathStone and Wilson Commencement Park are responsible for meeting the urgent needs of homeless individuals and families through a holistic continuum of care by working every day to foster family transformation through: safe, stable living environments; building strength through structure; and nurturing economic independence.
What sets PathStone apart from the rest?
- PathStone’s two distinct lines of business—direct services and community and housing development—are rarely combined within one organization. This means that our staff are exposed to a broad number of programs and a variety of job functions.
- PathStone has a reputation for taking strategic risk. Our belief that “we don’t know until we try” is why we have continuously developed innovative programs over the last 40 years.
You are looking for a challenge and a chance to change the world for the better. You know that social impact is as important a measure of corporate success as profitability. You want to use your creativity to find quicker, better and more cost-efficient ways to help people. You are ready to try on new hats and find new solutions to old problems. You want to make a difference in the lives of others.
What sets you apart from the rest? Specifically, you have the following skills, experience and/or education:
- Two years college education in human services or high school diploma with two years experience working with adults and/or children in a residential setting
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with persons having diverse psychiatric and substance abuse backgrounds
- Ability to remain on “call” list for a minimum of one year and required to report to needed shifts at least four times per yea
This is a part-time position. The Resident Aide is responsible for providing weekday, weekend, and overnight monitoring of resident safety and security coverage as needed. Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Monitoring building and grounds security
- Enforcing residence rules
- Distributing resident medication
- Supervising weekend meal preparation and completing meal preparation
- Notifying on-call staff when emergency crisis intervention is needed
- Noting log book at end of every shift
- Completing overnight aide duties when covering overnight shift
- Attending relief staff monthly meetings and trainings
This position is located in Rochester, NY.
This position is available immediately.
PathStone offers a chance for you to improve the world, but we also know that you have bills to pay. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Base salary is $10.40, with a significant range based on demonstrated experience and qualifications
- Pension plan for eligible employees with an employer contribution
- Annual cost-of-living adjustment and merit-based pay increases
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Employment at PathStone qualifies for the federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “171-18” in the subject line, no later than December 18, 2018.
PathStone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our TDD number for the deaf and/or hearing impaired is 1-800-545-1833. Any applicant may request assistance in completing the application process by emailing email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org