The Sales Consultant solicits and secures new clients for linen, industrial and facility services, sells and promotes approved, targeted products and services within a designated sales territory. Reports to the Regional Sales Manager and works closely with the Branch Manager.
- Solicit and secure new clients, sell and promote all approved lines of service or product within a designated sales territory. Continually meet or exceed sales quotas and expectations.
- Proactively identify, solicit and motivate targeted prospects using a variety of methods such as cold-calling, lead qualifying, presenting proposals and sales funnel management.
- Maintain sales records and accurately fill out new client paperwork.
- Actively participate in promotions, contests, meetings and training.
- Follow company Sales policies and procedures, including price/product guidelines and new installation procedures.
- Present in appearance and comportment, a professional image. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively work with other departments to smoothly transition a new customer.
- Safely operate a vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure regular vehicle maintenance.
- Attend and work trade shows and marketing events as required.
- Monitor and report competitive activity.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
Additional Functions: May work with and support other sales personnel or functions as required by supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office or similar software.
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
Typical Environmental Conditions: Operating vehicles on public roads, general offices, customer locations, areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
Travel Requirements: Daily, driving by vehicle within a designated sales territory.
- College degree or two years successful sales experience in a similar industry.
- Qualified to hold a driver’s license.
- Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 30 lbs. Physical requirements consist of being able to perform the physical demands during shift.
The Sales Consultant must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified. Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit alsco.jobs.net.