PathStone is seeking a Senior Director of Housing Programs to oversee programs within Housing Services in Rochester, NY.
PathStone is a nonprofit organization based in Rochester, NY with a mission of building family and individual self-sufficiency by strengthening urban and rural communities. PathStone operates 12 lines of business in the areas of training and employment, health and safety, housing services and community development.
PathStone’s Housing Services Division is responsible for promoting access to personal counseling and financial
resources designed to stabilize living environments and provide the foundation for economic security.
What sets PathStone apart from the rest?
- PathStone’s two distinct lines of business—direct services and community and housing development—are rarely combined within one organization. This means that our staff are exposed to a broad number of programs and a variety of job functions.
- PathStone has a reputation for taking strategic risk. Our belief that “we don’t know until we try” is why we have continuously developed innovative programs over the last 40 years.
You are looking for a challenge and a chance to change the world for the better. You know that social impact is as important a measure of corporate success as profitability. You want to use your creativity to find quicker, better and more cost-efficient ways to help people. You are ready to try on new hats and find new solutions to old problems. You want to make a difference in the lives of others.
What sets you apart from the rest? Specifically, you have the following skills, experience and/or education:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and extensive experience in the field of foreclosure prevention, landlord/tenant, and homeless services programs, in addition to program management
- Minimum five years administrative (including supervision) and program experience with demonstrated knowledge of state and federal housing funding sources and programs
- Grant writing experience
- Experience working as a counselor and/or facilitating education workshops preferred
- Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Certified preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
- Ability to pass the HUD Housing Counseling Certification test within one year of hire
- Be NCHEC certified with 12 months of hire
This is a full-time position. The Senior Director of Housing Programs is responsible for direct supervision for Foreclosure Prevention and Landlord/Tenant Education and Counseling Programs, including DHS inspections and front desk operations for The Housing Council at PathStone. Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- All administrative and management activities related to implementing programs
- Maintaining a working understanding and knowledge of program contracts and operational policies and procedures
- Establishing management practices guaranteeing satisfactory completion of contractually required program goals
- Monitoring and evaluating the accuracy of program paperwork, counselor data entry and client files to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines
- Implementing and monitoring budgets
- Overseeing of case management
- Updating of curriculum used for landlord/tenant education programs
This position is located in Rochester, NY.
This position is available immediately.
PathStone offers a chance for you to improve the world, but we also know that you have bills to pay. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Base salary is based on demonstrated experience and qualifications
- Health insurance for eligible employees
- Pension plan for eligible employees with an employer contribution
- Annual cost-of-living adjustment and merit-based pay increases
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Employment at PathStone qualifies for the federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “182-18” in the subject line, no later than December 19, 2018.
PathStone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our TDD number for the deaf and/or hearing impaired is 1-800-545-1833. Any applicant may request assistance in completing the application process by emailing email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org