Responsible for the recruitment, volunteer orientation, training and recognition of volunteers for the Finger Lakes Caregiver Institute Programs, with primary focus on the Caregiver Respite Program and outreach of the Finger Lakes Center of Excellence in Alzheimer’s Disease (FLCEAD) project in Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Steuben, Wayne counties. Maintains volunteer records and manages volunteer database. Works closely with the Respite Coordinator in matching the volunteer with the identified care receiver. Provides supervision and support to the FLCI volunteers. Conducts presentations and disseminates information to older adults, caregivers, physician offices, and non-profit agencies. Helps recruit outreach volunteers. Maintains records and tracks attendee data. Provides reports as requested by director for Department of Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Arrange and conduct community presentations for visibility of FLCI volunteer programs, FLCEAD and recruitment of volunteers.
2. Conducts outreach to community groups, faith communities, and volunteer organizations.
3. Conducts outreach and education to physician offices throughout the targeted region.
4. Maintain acceptable level of active volunteers for program, outreach activity and CEAD presentations.
5. Meet, screen and orient individual volunteer applicants. Conduct and schedule volunteer orientation and training.
6. Provides ongoing support for volunteers, including counseling, periodic check-ins and answering questions.
7. Interacts with representatives the 10 county Offices for the Aging, RSVP programs, and Caregiver Resource Centers.
8. Gather and maintain data and files regarding volunteers and care receivers, and program files.
9. Utilizes excel database.
10. With support, processes volunteer hours and mileage, including data entry.
11. Provides reports as required – both computerized and manual.
12. Coordinates volunteer recognition program for FLCI volunteers.
13. Assists in preparation of newsletters and other outreach to volunteers and partners.
14. Assists in ongoing program and volunteer surveys.
15. Assists with in-home assessments for caregiver respite cases as needed.
16. Works closely with Monroe County Caregiver Respite program team.
17. Works closely with FLCEAD staff.
18. Maintains up to date professional knowledge of the geriatric field, with special focus on Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
19. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: BS or BA in human service or health related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates Degree with experience is acceptable.
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of community resources and experience working in volunteerism helpful
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment with attention to detail
• A portion of the work is performed at a desk or at a personal computer station.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary
• Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills required.
• Some standing during group presentations and professional training’s.
• Computer skills (MS Office). Database and Excel experience preferred.
• Ability to work in multi-cultural situations
• Ability to travel by car. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work independently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org