Heritage Christian Services seeks a full-time Copy Writer to join one of Rochester’s largest nonprofit agencies offering support to children, older adults and people with disabilities. Creative writing contributes to brand building, fundraising, promoting special events, pushing for the equality of people with disabilities, and helping to meet the objectives of the agency’s diverse business lines, such as its farm, thrift store, child day cares, and therapeutic horseback riding program. In the marketing department of the corporate office in Henrietta, Heritage Christian offers a modern workplace, a job with variety, supportive co-workers, plus learning opportunities and networking.
- Specializes in writing and editing for newsletters, brochures, websites, social media platforms, broadcast media, marketing projects like direct/email campaigns, radio scripts, advertising copy, messaging platforms, etc.
- Manages crisis communications
- Supports agency wide marketing and communications work plus executive projects
- Handles some administrative tasks, lends event support and accepts duties as assigned
- Exemplary skills in research, interviewing, writing/storytelling, editing and social media content management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related degree
- Five or more years of experience in PR, journalism or a related field (published works a plus)
- A valid driver’s license that is in compliance with Heritage Christian’s motor vehicle record standards plus reliable transportation to and from work
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE