What would I be doing?
- Interacting in the community you live in while you serve it.
- Assisting individuals with disabilities by helping them with all aspects of everyday living.
- Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring acts.
- Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with others.
- Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the individuals we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Direct Care role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are willing to learn.
- Six months experience in providing care to individuals with development disabilities or direct care in related field is preferred. We'll provide you with comprehensive training, giving you all the knowledge necessary to make a difference in the lives of the person or persons you'll be assisting!
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI's Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE