- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
- Valid and clean New York State Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout Monroe County.
- Ability to work independently and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to become CPR and first aid certified and successfully complete required training courses.
- Physical Requirements include: sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, crawling, color determination, visual acuity, speaking clearly, listening to spoken communication, sense of taste and smell.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
In a Caregiver position you will assist in providing for the well-being and direct care needs of children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Hourly Respite is designed to give the primary caregiver a break while providing a safe, fun and positive environment for their loved one.
- Provide supports to meet the needs of the individual (i.e., meal prep, personal care).
- Service occurs in the family home.
- Engage the individual in his/her chosen activities, which could include arts & crafts, outdoor play, games, etc.
- Serve as an appropriate role model and engage in interactions which promote and insure the dignity and rights of all participants, service providers, co-workers and community members.
- Act as a professional representative of CP Rochester in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language and dress.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Employment: Evenings and Weekends. Up to 19 hours per week Mon-Fri evenings and varying AM/PM hours on Saturdays & Sundays.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE