Catholic Charities will be recruiting “live” on Monday, June 24th from 10am - 12pm at RochesterWorks! located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Catholic Charities recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
POSITION TITLE: Direct Support Professional- Full-time / Part-time
DEPARTMENT: Developmental Disabilities Services
GRADE LEVEL: 3
Provide support and instruction in activities necessary to promote and maintain independence and self- determination for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities receiving services living in a Catholic Charities Community Services residential setting.
- Provide person centered support to all individuals served recognizing the individual’s need for teaching and preferred style for learning and at a level at which he or she can perform.
- Provide direct personal assistance in instances when an individual requires “hands on” supports.
- Provide medication administration to individuals. Demonstrate strict observance and adherence to agency medical policies and procedures including certification and annual recertification of medication administration.
- Assist individuals in supporting his/her own health and wellness needs.
- Schedule and accompany individuals to all necessary medical appointments and document all pertinent information as required.
- Assist individuals in meal preparation, menu planning, and food shopping.
- Engage in effective communication with individuals.
- Provide immediate response to and report all incidents, first aid treatments, medical emergencies, or other crisis according to policy and procedures.
- Assist individuals with fiscal management while safeguarding their funds. This may include completing ledgers, reconciling accounts and supporting individual’s with spending choices.
- Assist individuals with maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly home by following safety and infection control procedures.
- Appropriately communicate all pertinent information during the work shift and from shift to shift to other team members and/or assigned supervisor.
- Promote the emotional, physical and personal well-being of individuals served.
- Ensure proper safekeeping of individual’s valuables.
- Report and/or document routine and unusual events including completing daily logs, accident reports, etc. in a concise, understandable, legible and timely manner.
- Correctly follow procedures for mandated reporting and responding.
- Maintain and expand skills and knowledge relevant to providing high quality support and services.
- Obtain and maintain all required trainings and apply the information to support people served.
- Ensure that people exercise their rights and that rights are not restricted without due process.
- Ensure people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Provide transportation to individuals and business-related travel whether in personal or agency vehicles, following all safety procedures.
- Maintain agency vehicles in a safe, clean and functional condition, reporting any concerns or problems to an immediate supervisor.
- Maintain flexibility in work schedule based on needs of individuals assigned including working overtime and/or covering additional shifts on an emergency basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One-year practical experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
Valid NYS Driver's License as you may need to help transport individuals to programs, appointments or other activities
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE