To provide support services to teenagers and adults with developmental disabilities. These services shall include the promotion of continuous learning and individual growth opportunities within the community. Opportunities shall be based upon the participants’ interest areas.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One-year experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities and/or education in Human Services.
- Valid and clean NYS Driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout Monroe County.
- Ability to work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and write English to a level of fluency and comprehension which enables the candidate to follow written direction on labels, charts and other sources of client care and/or production information as well as follow, comprehend and appropriately act upon same if transmitted orally.
- Act as a professional representative of CP Rochester in regard to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language and dress.
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to meet all agency training requirements.
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, pulling and pushing wheelchairs and adaptive equipment, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, and crawling may be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence” to individuals, families, program staff and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy
- Meet individuals in their home and in the community/identified on the individual’s Community Habilitation plan.
- Implementation of the individuals’ habilitation plan.
- Provide meaningful and functional activity-based programming consistent with individual program/support plans.
- Serve as an appropriate role model and engage in interactions which promote and insure the dignity and rights of the individual.
- Accurately communicate and complete all documentation for individual program plans, reportable events and incidents within established periods.
- Ensure necessary resources are available as needed to complete scheduled activities.
- Adheres to the agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Performs other duties at the discretion of the Program Director or his/her designee.
Employment: up to 19 hours per week: Mon-Fri 3pm-7pm ~and~ Sat-Sun varying hours
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE