In a Residential Supervisor position, you will support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by providing direct oversight or supervision to employees working directly with individuals in the Residential program.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time. Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday - Friday 1pm - 9pm, Saturday 8am - 4pm. Must be available as an on-call supervisor every other week (24/7).
- Imparts agency philosophy of “Equal Opportunity, Independence and Realization of Individual Potential” to children, families, program employees and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with agency policy.
- Provides oversight to ensure safety and supervision of residents. May be required to stay on-shift after hours should there be an emergency, weather hazard, or other unforeseen occurrence.
- Communicates, in a positive manner, the mission, vision, organizational values and program or departmental goals to employees.
- Provide direct oversight, supervision and problem-solving to employees in accordance with Agency policy and expectations.
- Schedules employees appropriately to maintain minimums.
- Maintains necessary documentation and reports as required and per agency policies.
- Communicates in a positive manner agency, regulatory body and departmental or program policies, procedures and standards of work. Shares important information regarding the safety and welfare of others.
- Trains new employee’s members.
- Maintains accurate billing for the program per policy.
- Completes direct care duties/house tasks needed to support the needs of the home.
- Maintains accurate records of individual’s monies/banking.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor and acts as a role model for employees and individuals by interacting with others in a professional and respectful manner, dressing appropriately, and using good personal hygiene.
- Communicates effectively with employees, service providers, consumers, caregivers, family members, and the community.
- Helps to ensure a positive appearance of the facility by assisting with site inspections, timely reporting of maintenance needs, performing general housekeeping and home maintenance activities, etc.
- Complies with Regulatory and Agency audits (internal and external).
- Participates in conferences, workshops and regular and mandatory training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in human services or related field as determined by the department or program. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Experience in providing service to individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the daily operations of the department or program.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in planning, implementing and evaluating work with individuals, customers, and employees.
- Demonstrated tolerance for stressful interactions and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use of Microsoft Office software and other computer programs which are pertinent.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE