NY Connects Advisor provides information, referrals, benefits counseling and options counseling to help link older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers to services and opportunities that are available within the community. Advisors offer both telephonic and in-person outreach support, including information and assistance, options counseling, No Wrong Door (NWD) screening and follow-up support. Advisors offer person-centered care options, solutions and guidance navigating challenging systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides information, assistance, and referral (I&R/A) services to older adults 60+, persons with disabilities of any age, caregivers, professionals and others assisting individuals with guidance about long term care services and support.
- Uses problem solving and customer service skills to triage consumer and professional inquiries.
- Uses social work skills and a person-centered, strength-based approach to provide telephone assessment and consultation services.
- Screens individuals for long term service and support needs, using the approved No Wrong Door Screening tool.
- May provide information and assistance, referrals, options counseling, advocacy, and application assistance for long term services and supports and benefit/entitlement programs.
- Provides appropriate information about and linkages to programs and services to support an individual’s independence, choice and self-determination with follow-up to the extent possible to ensure consumer received the service(s) chosen.
- Communicates in a professional, non-judgmental and culturally appropriate manner.
- Maintains departmental and contractual goals for client response times.
- Uses approved computer software to track all calls and requests for long term services and support information, in an accurate, timely fashion.
- Maintains up-to-date resource files, shares pertinent resources with team members, and updates in-house and statewide resource listings, as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date professional knowledge of the geriatric and disability fields, community services, entitlement benefits, clinical skills and competencies through reading, workshops and conferences.
- Participates as a member of the inter-agency team.
- Participates in all NY Connects staff meetings and training.
- Participates in all Lifespan staff meetings and trainings, including cultural competency and corporate compliance.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Accepts and seeks guidance and supervision from the NY Connects Director.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or equivalent degree required.
Experience: Two years in social work experience required, with at least one-year experience in the geriatric or disability field. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Majority of work is performed at a desk or at a personal computer station.
- Intensive telephone and computer usage.
- Verbal, written, telephone communication and typing skills are required.
- Strong written, computer web-based proficiency needed.
- Interface with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain composure under strict deadlines and difficult situations.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE