Hillside will be recruiting “live” on Monday, July 29th from 10am - 12pm at RochesterWorks! located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Hillside recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The Teaching Assistant I (TA) works under close supervision in performing functions that assist in the treatment and care of the children/youth that we serve. The TA also works in conjunction with the teacher to maintain a positive classroom learning environment to support the academic, emotional, and social growth of students.
This is a relief/per diem position at the Andrews Trahey School on the Monroe Avenue campus.
Essential functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Works with individual students or groups of students requiring special instruction.
- Works with the classroom teacher to identify information about specific students in order to develop appropriate teaching plans and learning experiences for students.
- Assists in preparation of instructional resources and aids students in the use of these resources.
- Provides and effectively plans for prevention and management of crises by therapeutic crisis intervention techniques which may include emergency physical intervention techniques in accordance with agency policy; maintains appropriate affect regulation.
- Works with the classroom teachers to instruct students in areas such as remedial reading, remedial math, and life skills.
- Provides direct classroom instruction in the event of the teacher's absence.
- Maintains communication with students’ families regarding progress of students, as instructed.
- Helps proctor and supervises students during state testing assessments.
- High school diploma or GED, along with some college education is required.
- Candidates must have experience working in a classroom or related therapeutic experience with youth/children.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education and 1 year of experience is preferred.
- NYS Teaching Assistant certification or eligibility for certification is required.
- Candidates must have a valid New York State Driver's License and meet agency driving standards.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE