What sets you apart from the rest?
Specifically, you have the following skills, experience and/or education:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in teaching academic skills/certification and/or 3 years of comparable work experience.
This is a full-time position. The Adult Education Instructor is responsible for working with staff in the development, planning and execution of Job Readiness, Adult Basic Education, GED, and Computer Literacy to meet the needs of the young adult. Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Recruiting and enrolling of young adults
- Assessing and evaluating young adults’ skills
- Interpreting needs of young adults
- Implementing appropriate classroom planning curriculum
- Developing individual plans to meet needs of the student
- Conducting training for staff, volunteers and interns for young adult education activities
- Ongoing outreach and promotion of the program to the community, and the private sector