Catholic Charities will be recruiting “live” on Monday, June 24th from 10am - 12pm at RochesterWorks! located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Catholic Charities recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Assess educational capabilities, provide training assistance, and offer continuing support and assistance in applying to and completing educational programs for individuals living with behavioral health challenges and/or substance use disorders. Provide duties as defined by the Behavioral Health - Home and Community Based Services (BH-HCBS) education support services waiver.
- Complete educational intakes, observations, and or evaluations to assist clients with developing a plan to start or return to school and education trainings based on participants’ interests, abilities, and strengths.
- Provide additional one-on-one tutoring and skill development for individuals as needed.
- Assist individuals to understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational goals.
- Analyze, identify, and address potential barriers such as support needs, transportation options, skill development and others as needed to assist clients in meeting educational goals.
- Create service plans that are measurable goals and objectives based on client diagnosis that will specify type, frequency, intensity, and duration of service delivery.
- Interact and collaborate with employers, family/friends, Care Coordinator, and Managed Care Organization (MCO) to ensure timely implementation of educational plan.
- Evaluate educational plans, assist with skill development, financial aid resources, assist with applications and other resources necessary.
- Provide support in a variety of educational settings.
- Link individuals with education-related community services and accommodations.
- Maintain required certifications and licensures.
- Maintain participant records in compliance with agency and confidentiality guidelines. Completes documentation using an electronic record keeping system.
- Represent Catholic Charities at committees as assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and at least two years of experience supporting individuals in pursuing education goals.
- Preferred knowledge in disability accommodations and assistive technology, financial aid, student loan default, SUD recovery resources on campuses, etc.
- Knowledge of community resources enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Ability to travel in all weather conditions throughout the counties served.
- Willingness to foster agency, department and program wide cooperation and team work through use of positive/constructive communication techniques.
- Proficiency and experience with PC’s and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to handle problem resolution.
- Possession of a valid NYS Drivers’ License and a drivers’ record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
- Continuous use of a reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
- Demonstrate commitment to Agency Mission Statement.
- Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
- Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
- Climb up or down stairs;
- Able to reach above or below shoulders;
- Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 10 lbs;
- Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
- Be able to read write and interpret written documents.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE