We are hiring for a variety of temporary jobs, including census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff, and supervisory staff. To be eligible, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, and be a U.S. citizen.
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
If you are employed elsewhere, your current job must be compatible with Census Bureau employment and not create conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Also, you must not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE