The person in this position must reflect the heart, mission, and culture of Hope Initiatives. The primary purpose of the position is to provide customer services support and assist with the completion of scheduling, billing and purchasing functions.
- Assist with implementing a customer engagement process
- Oversee shared phone lines and a system for distributing calls and retrieving voicemails
- Conduct follow-up customer service phone calls and mailings
- Process and schedule furniture vouchers and move requests (QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and Word, required)
- Oversee the assembling of orders
- Maintain accurate daily logbook of deliveries & records
- Assist in completing the weekly billings and supporting details
- Compile monthly delivery statistics and accuracy reports
- Oversee certain purchasing and receiving functions
- Update inventory reporting and validation via QuickBooks
- Commitment to the mission of Hope Initiatives
- Ability to build rapport and work with people from diverse backgrounds, ethnic cultures, and economic and social situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick thinking and problem solving
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to design and implement customer service procedures
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities and to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A flexible schedule which permits part-time work when needed is also desirable.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Associate degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business or related field is desired
- One year of accounting or billing experience is required
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to and from Hope Initiatives.
- The job is largely sedentary; however, full range of motion is necessary along with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work part-time Monday through Friday for at least 17.5 hours per week
Hope Initiatives is a fast-paced work environment. Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing and challenging environments are necessary in order to be successful. The Customer Service Specialist is expected to reflect the Christian values of the organization and lead in accordance with biblical standards of conduct.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check and drug testing.