Identifies, assesses, and manages the social needs of patient/families relating to illness and receiving medical care. Develops and implements appropriate plans within a team environment. Provides consultation, teaching, and support.
Patients, families, hospital staff, Physicians, vendors, contract and regulatory community agencies, third party payers, care delivery team, and numerous others VNS departments.
- Develops and revises plan of preventative and rehabilitative treatments and discharge plan in conjunction with patient, family, physician care delivery team, and third-party payers including obtaining medical orders and approval of medical services.
- Consults with and educates the patient, family, and other team members regarding disease process, self-care techniques and preventive strategies.
- Interacts with patients, physicians, referral sources, and other in a manner conducive to continue positive relationships.
- Participates in regularly scheduled patient conferences with members of patients’ care delivery team.
- Ensures the completion of all appropriate clinical records needed for compliance with state and federal legislation within established times frames.
- Maintains current knowledge of all available VNS and community-based services.
- Ensures patient’s needs are met through the care delivery process and responds to customer needs in a manner that meets or exceeds requirements.
- Works in concert with Senior Social Worker to compile statistical data related to Social Work utilization.
- Maintains productivity standards/requirements.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager
- Master’s degree in social work required license preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in an in-patient or community health setting under the direction of a master’s degree Social Worker.
- Working knowledge of community resources.
- Effective interviewing, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Ability to function independently.