RBA Staffing has immediate needs for a local laboratory. We are looking for individuals that have interest in learning a new field as a Lab Tech. The qualified candidates will be responsible for interpreting patient requisition and accurately entering patient demographic and test information into the Laboratory Information System, receiving and tracking patient samples in the Laboratory Information System, processing all Toxicology specimens, and distributing specimens to appropriate departments for prompt analysis.
- Processess all specimens.
- Prioritize and correctly separate incoming specimens.
- Expedites the preparation of priority specimens. Identifies Special Service requests and prioritizes specimens to meet requested.
- Documents discrepancies and forwards them to appropriate designated department for resolution.
- Distributes specimens to appropriate department for prompt analysis.
- Notifies appropriate department of problem resolution pertaining to specimen discrepancies.
- Obtains previously tested samples to ensure additional testing initiated by physicians can be completed.
- Prints shipping log and packages specimens for delivery to a reference laboratory.
- Locates specimens in need of confirmation testing as directed by the certifying scientist.
- Understands and follows departmental policies and safety procedures to reduce risk of blood and body fluid exposure.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times both inside and outside of the work place.
- High school diploma
- Attention to detail, accuracy is a must
- At least 2 years of clerical/office experience
- Data entry skills
- MS Office
- Continuous standing and/or walking. Frequent bending and twisting of neck and back, reaching below waist level or above shoulder heights, squatting, lifting/carrying items up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing/pulling, simple grasping of objects. Fine manual dexterity for repetitive tasks and computer
- The qualified candidate will also need to submit to a drug screen/physical/PPD/MMR as well as a background check.
For a Printable Flyer: CLICK HERE