Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts and assemblies. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years experience setting up and operating water jet equipment. Programming experience is preferred but not required.
Under the supervision of the Water Jet Group Leader, the Water Jet Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the water jet machine and producing quality parts built to customer supplied prints.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading and unloading material and parts.
- Set up machine and observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, interpret drawings and/or part specifications to ensure correct dimensions and tolerances of finished product. Operate controls and debur parts as needed.
- Inspects “first part”, consults with quality assurance, and inspects work pieces throughout the production run, for out-of-tolerance machining.
- Oversees the job scheduling in the department in order to ensure production meets delivery requirements.
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine accordingly. Call for maintenance as needed.
- Works on production issues occurring within the department. Also consistently reviews programs and set-ups in order to ensure maximum efficiency. Communicates with management and quality department to troubleshoot and resolve quality issues.
- Clean machine and work area, other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
- Superior communication skills and ability to develop teamwork among staff.
- Must be diplomatic and possess good human interaction skills.
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
- Ability to multitask using the appropriate level of priority setting.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of water jet machinery and accessories.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep record of time spent and material used.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, such as calipers, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE