Imaging Staffing is recruiting for a great opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic for our premier Rochester customer. This is a direct hire opportunity on a 12-hour rotational shift with 6 pm - 6 am schedule. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS!
- The primary role of the Mechanic/Electrician I is to work as a key maintenance team contributor to support company objectives with respect to maintaining equipment to support production requirements using strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- The role requires a strong mechanical aptitude, which can work with internal and external customers, and can work as part of the maintenance team but is also comfortable working independently. Along with being actively involved in the support of Safety. Quality and Good Manufacturing Practices and Preventive Maintenance programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, repair, install, maintain machinery equipment including; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, special projects, measuring and calibrating equipment, performing preventive maintenance duties;
- Performs all production equipment setups as required to meet operational needs;
- Supports and completes Preventive and Planned maintenance of mechanical and utilities equipment including but not limited to; cleaning, inspecting, setup, diagnosing, replacement, testing and continuous improvements;
- Assists in the diagnoses of electrical and mechanical malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Inspect visually and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunction;
- Identifies and reports the need for repairs/major repairs to Maintenance Management;
- Crossover with previous shifts’ maintenance and production employees to review the schedule and current runs, identifying what needs repair and plan product changeovers;
- Effectively communicate with other departments in a professional manner at all times to communicate on equipment and repair status;
- Works within the maintenance team to accurately communicate/document events so that others have the most effective information to solve problems;
- Assists with the installation of new equipment and enhancing equipment through continuous improvements and upgrades;
- Some basic fabrication skills and use of tools associated with cutting, welding, grinding, soldering;
- Enhances knowledge and skills of mechanical and electrical systems with on the job training;
- Work closely with Engineering, Maintenance Managers and Master Mechanics on projects, continuous improvement and annual plant shut-down maintenance;
- Completes all tasks while strictly adhering to all required industry guidelines but not limited to; Plant Safety, Food Safety, SQF and all internal/external audits;
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Basic computer literacy as evidenced by the ability to go online and conduct basic searches on the Internet, check email, create and send with attachments and use basic email features;
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions;
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form;
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment including 3 phase motors, control wiring, 24VDC, 120VAC, 208/220VAC, 480VAC;
- Experience with Controls for Conveyor Systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps and Valves;
- Knowledge of and ability to comprehend and troubleshoot production machinery (i.e. Fillers, Rinsers, Cappers, Case Packers, Case Formers, Coolers and Pasteurizers);
- Familiarity with Lock-Out Tag-Out Authorized, Hot Work, Confined Space and HECP Training preferred;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Ability to use a variety of measuring tools and test equipment;
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision;
- Requires mechanical aptitude;
- Knowledge of Drill Press, Chop Saw, Port-a-Band, Sawzall and other maintenance tools preferred;
- Knowledge or experience with Multi-Meters, Amp Probes, Meger Ohm Meter, Panelview;
- Experience 2+ years and familiarly with 85% of plant machinery;
- Manlift, Powertools, Hand tools, Panelview Controls, Production Machines, X-Ray Equipment, all types of Photo Eyes, Light Curtains, and Conveyors;
- Kitchen equipment and Pumps, Milling Machine, Lathes and Drill Press;
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Equipment, Gear and HECPS;
- Computer and Printer;
- Ability to climb ladders and use carts;
- Ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes and motor megger;
- Digital Multimeter and clamp-on AC current reader.
- RTO calibrator, RTO Milliamp and Calibrator/simulator.
- Constant exposure to extreme loud noises;
- The temperature in work areas varies;
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch, climb stairs and ladders;
- Occasionally lifting and carrying items
- Use of finger dexterity to handle or feel objects and tools, reaching and grasping;
- Regularly works with moving parts, vibration and electrical current.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE