Duty Station: Initially will be the selectee's home address (Work at Home position) until the opening of the Area Census Office (ACO) in Rochester, NY. At that time the employee will be required to report to the ACO as their regular place of work
For consideration, all applicants must reside in one of the following NY counties: Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegany, Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming, Monroe, Livingston, Steuben, Wayne, Ontario, Yates, Schuyler or Chemung
- Oversee the activities of field data collection and directly supervise an assigned team of Census Field Supervisors and office support clerks.
- Directly supervise approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors and approximately 3-5 clerks.
- Provide group and individual training, monitor daily assignments and provide advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Establish an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries which incumbent is responsible for, including community, religious, or other characteristics.
- Assure that specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer-generated reports and observation.
- Review and analyze cost, quality, and progress reports to ensure operations are coordinated within prescribed time allocations and quality and cost-efficient standards.
- 50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
Conditions of Employment:
- U.S. citizen.
- Suitable for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
- A supervisory trial period may be required.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE