The Assistant General Manager provides assistance to the General Manager in the overall responsibility for the successful operation of the hotel and for meeting or exceeding its financial objectives. This employee is responsible for the planning, direction, and management of accurate, timely, and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. This employee will oversee the Rooms Division, Engineering, Security and Food and Beverage departments if applicable with the managers of each department as direct reports. This employee is responsible for exceeding operational standards, service, and product quality assurance, budget creation, maintaining expenses and cost controls. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will oversee the entire hotel operation and is the primary contact for guest relations issues. The Assistant General Manager is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, Organize, Staff, Direct, and Control the Hotel and Operate the hotel in the absence of the General Manager following internal and corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop maximum department profits through cost and labor control; maintain the highest standard of services to the guest, including the maintenance and cleanliness for the guest’s rooms and associated facilities; maintain the highest standards of security for hotel patrons and employees and maintain the highest standards of quality and service in the Food & Beverage Department.
- Direct and Coordinate the Rooms and Food & Beverage Department. Carry out all policies and prepare reports as needed by the General Manager. Responsible for conducting management performance evaluations and ensure the appropriate training is provided to maximize service, production, and efficiency.
- Participate in and administer training and Hilton standards.
- Work with the General Manager to conduct Mock Quality Assurance Inspections and address concerns.
- Conduct regular department meetings with the Food & Beverage and Front Office & Engineering Department heads to ensure each department is meeting the daily needs of the hotel and the highest levels of service and quality are being provided.
- Ensure that a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained, and internal and external customer service needs are met through avenues such as training, survey analysis, feedback and positive reinforcement programs.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to reporting staff and appraises the performance of all positions directly reporting.
- Manage/Monitor Reservations Systems to maintain consistency with property level inventory strategies and review reports generated by Night Audit on a regular basis.
- Must be able to participate in the hotel’s MOD program.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
- Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate has the ability to perform.
- If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to branded job description for additional duties and information.
- Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical Product.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in different management posts in the hospitality industry with a focus on Rooms and Food & Beverage.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong financial background, sound administrative skills, well developed management skills, and have demonstrated ability to effectively lead.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE