The Assistant Store Manager, in the absence of the store manager, has the day-to-day responsibility of operating the store within the specific guidelines described by the operating policy.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
- Customer Service
- Staff Management
- Job Knowledge of each position
- Inventory ordering and controls
- Completes paperwork, bank deposits, price surveys, follows company procedures and policies
Requirements, Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Personnel - The Assistant Manager will assist in the training and motivation of all store personnel.
Store Operation - The Assistant Manager is responsible for management of the second shift as described by the operating policy.
The Assistant Manager will:
- Give appropriate customer service,
- Greet customers with a smile,
- Suggest merchandise purchases to all customers,
- Operate the cash register accurately,
- Price, stock and face merchandise. Stocking merchandise is including, but is not limited to, gondolas, shelving, counters, walk-in coolers, upright coolers and backroom storage areas. At times this may entail lifting weights of 50 lbs. or more to accomplish certain stocking requirements.
- Maintain the store in accordance with maintenance policies and conform to Health Department rules and regulations at all times. To accomplish this, these tasks may include, but are not limited to, replacing gas nozzles and hoses, changing pump fuel filters, cleaning or changing furnace and equipment filters, sweeping parking lots, picking up trash on store property, emptying trash cans, keeping store shelves clean, stocked and fronted and cleaning restrooms and floors.
- Follow all security and safety procedures
- Account for all shift and daily transactions accurately,
- Present a clean and neat appearance at all times,
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the store Manager or District Manager.
Controls - The Assistant Manager is responsible for all cash and inventories during the absence of the Store Manager. All overages and shortages are to be reported to the Store Manager.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE