Responsible for supervising the daily activities of the warehouse to ensure safe, efficient and accurate receiving, storage, retrieval of raw materials and finished goods, and loading of outbound shipments to external customers. Additionally, responsible for servicing production via provision of raw materials and consumables as well as managing efficient removal of finished goods from production lines to help maintain the flow of production. Ensures the safety of the work team and safeguarding of company assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in the daily warehouse operations and shipping area to include filling and shipping customer orders (including labeling and staging as needed), satisfying internal shipping requirements, ensure accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation and receiving incoming material.
- Ensuring work orders from production, packaging lines, receiving finished goods, and inventory transactions are accurately logged. This also includes overseeing reconciliation activity.
- Ensures compliance with inventory accuracy initiatives, including cycle counts and year-end physical inventory audit.
- Coordinates and enforces company policies and procedures for a safe and efficient operation.
- Measures and reports the effectiveness of departmental activities.
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental work instructions and SOP’s.
- Recommends measures to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of department, work crews and equipment performance.
- Pro-actively confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities between departments and serve internal customers.
- Supervises the evaporated milk brite’s labeling process according to plan. Supervises warehouse team, assigns tasks appropriately and assesses performance against KPI’s. Motivates and coaches’ employees.
- Maintains standards of health, safety, food and security including GMP, HACCP, SQF, as per Company policies and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for the care, use and maintenance of tools used in the warehouse including forklifts and other materials moving equipment, racking, hand-held scanners, and data input terminals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Requirements:
Associates Degree and minimum of 3 years of relevant warehouse experience including 2 years of supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate Leadership skills and ability to manage and coach warehouse team members
- Proven ability to implement and enforce process improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of Truckload, LTL and refrigerated transportation and distribution operations.
- Demonstrated expertise with warehouse management software and databases including Microsoft Office
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent follow-up practices
- Food warehouse experience a plus
The Warehouse Supervisor is exposed to confidential O-AT-KA customer and product information on a consistent basis.
The Warehouse Supervisor directly manages union workforce employees. Responsibilities include training/coaching employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. S/he operates under the guidance and general direction of the Manager of Warehouse Operations and Material Handling.
Majority of time spent in the warehouse with some time spent in the office or in meetings. Incumbent must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, walk, lift up to 25lbs and use standard computer equipment with Microsoft products Excel and Word (Computer, Copier, Fax and Phone). Time in the Warehouse facility will expose the incumbent to heat, cold and noise.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE