Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventative maintenance, repairing, installing, processing/packaging equipment, systems and utilities within a 24/7 continuous Dairy Food Processing Facility. Must be a team member that ensures line efficiency goals are met. Work schedule for this position is a 10 hour, rotating 7 days a week, 2:00p - 12:00a or 10:00pm - 8:00am schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct utilizing the following skills: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Pumps, Mechanical Maintenance, Motors, Digital Electronics, Print Reading, Control Circuits, Power Supplies, Basic AC/DC Theory, Power Distribution, Test Instruments, Computers and Electrical.
- Understands operational urgency and supports production requirements.
- Ensures safe operating practices for self and other operators.
- Uses established preventative maintenance programs to maintain operating systems.
- Repairs and replaces defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs electrical instrumentation and control equipment.
- Team member working with Maintenance, Engineering and Operators who has good communication skills.
- Boiler operation and ammonia experience a plus.
- Must meet minimum of twelfth grade level in math and reading.
- Must complete Maintenance Skills Evaluation.
Experience & Education Requirements:
Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one year related mechanical maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE