Join Our Team
Careers at RochesterWorks
The work that we do right now should contribute to good jobs, a stronger economy, and a better quality of life for every Monroe County resident.
- Help youth and adult workers of all types to advance in their careers.
- Support businesses as they seek to hire, train, and promote a more diverse, more inclusive workforce.
- Lead by example by striving for equitable outcomes for the people we serve and the people who work for us.
What We Offer
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION INSURANCE
BASIC LIFE INSURANCE - Employer Paid
SHORT TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE - Employer Paid
LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE - Employer Paid
37.5 HOUR WORK WEEK Monday – Friday
WORK FROM HOME Up to 22.5 hours per week
15 PAID HOLIDAYS Annually
PAID TIME OFF New hires start at 4.67 hours accrued per pay period
PAID SICK TIME Up to 40 hours annually, 2.0 hours accrued per pay period
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
WORK FROM HOME INTERNET REIMBURSEMENT Up to $26.30 per month
3% EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION TO 401K PLAN
TUITION ASSISTANCE After one year of employment
PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS (PSLF) QUALIFYING EMPLOYER 501c3 nonprofit designation eligible for student loan forgiveness program(s)
MILEAGE AND PER DIEM REIMBURSEMENTS FOR BUSINESS TRAVEL
ACTIVE STAFF-LED SOCIAL GROUP
RochesterWorks Sunshine Club, a staff-led social group, hosts a variety of activities and programs for team members to enjoy. Past events include a lunchtime taco bar, annual chili cook-off, after-hours celebrations, holiday gift exchanges, and more.
Business Services Representative
Market and deliver business services and programs to Monroe County employers to help meet their workforce, recruiting and hiring needs, including posting jobs, organizing job fairs recruiting events, candidate referrals and business hiring and training grant programs. This position reports to the Business Services Manager.
- Communicate with Monroe County businesses, industry associations, business groups, human resource representatives and recruiters to understand their specific hiring, recruitment, and training needs.
- Outreach to new, existing, and growing businesses to inform them of RochesterWorks’ services through cold calling, presentations, partner referrals, and networking.
- Assist businesses with posting job opportunities and writing job descriptions.
- Plan and organize customized recruiting and hiring solutions, such as onsite interview events, job fairs, virtual networking events and other tailored events to connect businesses with job seekers.
- Guide businesses through the application process for hiring incentive and training grant programs including assisting with business application and submission, and providing technical assistance, monitoring, data entry and reimbursement vouchering.
- Collaborate with Career Center staff and One Stop System partners to develop an understanding of available services and programs for job seekers, and share information on business job openings, recruiting opportunities and hiring trends.
- Develop and deliver presentations and workshops to job seekers, business groups and partners.
- Match and refer qualified job seekers to open job opportunities and where applicable, market hiring incentive grant opportunities to businesses.
- Participate in meetings and committees with community-based organizations, chambers of commerce, industry associations, community colleges and other partners to share trends and job seeker and business referrals.
- Maintain and track data for reporting purposes including employer contacts, recruiting event outcomes, business survey results, and contract budgets.
- Continuously develop a working knowledge of federal, state, and local programs, grants, tax credits, and other subsidy opportunities for businesses related to workforce training and development and make appropriate referrals to partners.
- Maintain working knowledge of local labor market data and recruiting trends.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of related experience in human resources, recruiting/staffing and/or job development preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Experience with public speaking and developing and delivering presentations for large, diverse groups.
- History of meeting or exceeding performance goals.
- Knowledge of the local labor market, industry sectors, and trends preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team to achieve organizational goals.
- Able to prioritize tasks, manage time and meet goals in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude when faced with workplace challenges.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Acts in a manner which supports and embraces RochesterWorks’ vision to integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility into the day-to-day operations of the organization.
This is a year-round position (dependent on funding and performance), professional environment, normal business hours requiring flexibility and the ability to travel to locations throughout the City of Rochester and Monroe County.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 40 pounds for equipment, furniture, event totes, files, program paperwork and computer printouts on occasion.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line of the email.
RochesterWorks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RochesterWorks! is a proud member of the Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative (RMAPI) Level Up program.
A Level Up Champion is an employer that has taken the first step toward wage equity by instituting a $15 or higher starting wage within their organization. This commitment demonstrates their investment in their employees and is one way they are doing their part to address poverty in the Greater Rochester Area.
RochesterWorks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RochesterWorks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.